Spacebit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spacebit Forum

Spacebit's official forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

tings on the 0.25 version

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1tings on the 0.25 version Empty tings on the 0.25 version Fri 06 Apr 2012, 21:17

loki93

i thought i might tell you what i found wrong and wich bugs i found in this version of the game:

bug:if i use the lazer and then swich to a gun (i only tried that way) the ray of the lazer does not go away so you can still make light with the laser

bug: i get a debuf randomly the green cross (poison?)

strange ting 1: why does my lifebar keeps decreasing? (hunger?)
strange ting 2: we went from too many snakes, at less zombies thus incresing the random dieing made by the "strange ting 1"

bad ting:random gatherng sometimes i use all my energy and get nothing, sometimes i destroy a tree without getting anyting

and then there are tings that i know will be fixed without me saying it XD

2tings on the 0.25 version Empty Re: tings on the 0.25 version Fri 06 Apr 2012, 21:41

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Yeah, that laser-to-gun bug has been there for a while, Ben is aware Razz
The green cross is actually not a bug, it means you are being healed (maybe i should have made the cross red... good point Razz)
Well, this means it isn't clear enough. The icons are meant to clearly show what they do. If you play as special forces i think it is, your health will increase a little if you fire your gun. This is what you see =)
Yes, your health does indeed decrease bit by bit if you move, you must eat to keep it up Very Happy (meat from monsters, or 'mine' bushes and get some apples Razz)
Yeah, many people nagged about too much enemies... now there are a lot less, maybe too few... though if you level up, more will arive... In early levels, you should eat some apples to survive then :-) However, if you play as builder or medic or another class that doesn't start with a weapon, you might well die of 3 worms lol... The first night there should hardly be any enemies, since they are not aware you are there yet.
Yeah, I know, the item drops have been iritating me for a while too Razz It's so random, sometimes you get like 6 bits of gold instantly, but sometimes you get nothing even after two full energy bars... Though if you think of it, the same is true in reality, no?
What other things? (aside from actual content ofcourse Razz) Could well be something that we didn't see yet...
In any case, thanks for posting these =D !

http://www.spacebitz.com

3tings on the 0.25 version Empty ok Fri 06 Apr 2012, 22:12

loki93

well.. maybe i play too many games but for me green mean sick when is a buff and healing if is an actual healing value as red means healing in a buff but damage when is a number. (when speaking of crosses and damages XD)

and by other tings i mean the gun not having to reload and... right now i cant tink of other tings Smile

anyways if you use a laser for gathering resourches it has to be made for gathering stuff, so it should use the same ammount of time to get someting and trees and rocks and everyting should have at least 1 drop of their materials in a preset ammount of energy (maybe giving a material hp and drops and making it only be damageable by the lazer? evey time the hp bar of let's say a tree goes down to 0 hp it will change sprite and give you something, maybe the new sprite will have less branches then none and then only the base of the tree remains) but that is just me that laser can be just a normal laser that can very well desroy tings instead of ghatering them and you actualy get only the non vaporized stuff.

anyway i like tinking of stuff inside the contest of the world in wich the game take place so aside of the story if you use someting for doing stuff it has to be made for that use but then humans are resourchefull so they will very well use a normal laser to cut a tree if they dont have anyting else Smile

4tings on the 0.25 version Empty Re: tings on the 0.25 version Fri 06 Apr 2012, 22:25

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Well, part of me agrees with you, though another part says that the current mechanics make sense... Imagine you firing a laser at a tree... Would there be a lot left useable? Maybe a bit, but maybe sometimes there wouldn't be anything at all... ?

I'll probably change it to red tommorow then Razz It would probably be better =) thanks for the tip =D

But yeah, the mechanic you describe could really work well I think... I will definately discuss this with Ben =)

I'm sorry but I don't quite get what you mean with that last sentence...

5tings on the 0.25 version Empty well Fri 06 Apr 2012, 22:31

loki93

i meant that i like tinking rational stuff for tings that aren't rational (like being alone in a planet with nothing but a lazer and your class items) so is rational for someone that uses a lazer to harvest that his laser is made for not breaking most of it (on the side maybe making different lazers one kind that is more strong and fast but destroys almost everyting and one more slow that harvest a lot of stuff )

6tings on the 0.25 version Empty Re: tings on the 0.25 version Sat 07 Apr 2012, 00:35

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Ah, now that is an interesting point of view... I hadn't looked at it that way... Yes, definately interesting.
However, I think Ben will keep the random element when harvesting, though maybe he'll increase drop rates Razz I've been asing him to do that for a while Razz

7tings on the 0.25 version Empty reply Sat 07 Apr 2012, 04:15

Admin

Admin

Hey Loki thank you for the bug post this is helpfull information Smile

Ill take you up on your idea, next version ill make a material, plant, animal drop at least 1 thing every time if it drops nothing.

Ill also fix the mining lazer still being fired when selecting a gun, i kind of forgot about this bug recently haha Very Happy

Performance wise how is the game running? do you get any freezing etc or stress running the game.

And your idea about the tree having stages when you destroy it is a good idea and very realistic maybe in the near future i will give all things stages when you destroy them.

https://spacebitz.forumotion.com

8tings on the 0.25 version Empty reply Sat 07 Apr 2012, 12:47

loki93

well on my computer runs very well no black screens of doom no lag and no freezes but i have like 8 giga of ram and a computer that can run skyrim at high resolution so...

9tings on the 0.25 version Empty Re: tings on the 0.25 version Sat 07 Apr 2012, 13:11

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Yeah, same here Razz HP Envy 17 ? Skyrim ftw :p

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum