Spacebit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spacebit Forum

Spacebit's official forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

what kinds of items are we talking?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what kinds of items are we talking? Empty what kinds of items are we talking? Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:53

megaflux

knowing nothing is set in stone and all..

what kinds of items do you plan to put into the game in the future? could we possibly get a hit list? will there be a ton of ship parts? how about traps, grenades, or mines? teleporters maybe? a spring board to hop over puddles, trees, or other tiles? surely there will be more guns and swords, will there be armor though?

im curious, thats all.

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Oh, the items are limited only to our imagination and my ability to draw them decently Razz Yes, there will definately be more weapons and armors are not far away either :-D. Ship parts actually already existed before Ben started work on the planets. Spacebit begun as a spaceship game, only later did he add planet exploration as we know it right now. It's not really possible to give you a list of what we will make, since mostly it's just a spur of the moment thing Razz Like Ben would ask me "oh, Jeno, can you make this?" And I would try Razz Or i would make something by myself and show it to Ben etc Razz ... If there's anything in particular you'd like to see, by any means, tell us so, we're more than glad to have more ideas =D !

Teleporters is something we thought about since the very beginning. Your character walked oh so slow (well, floated, really, didn't have walking animation yet xD) so i wanted some form of rapid transit. But in the end, you'd just make a vehicle or spaceship to get somewhere I guess Razz

But yeah, the variety of items and other things really have no limit. It doesn't have much code, so it's basically up to me to make them Razz

Also, why did you delete the post you made about the desura updater? I was replying but then it was gone O.o ?

http://www.spacebitz.com

3what kinds of items are we talking? Empty reply Fri 13 Apr 2012, 11:12

Admin

Admin

hey megaflux.
Well currently we plan on letting everyone use ship parts soon.

a spaceship has many parts that make it work like engine, rotation, cockpit, fuel tank, and your building blocks which act like defense of your vital areas of the ship you put your ship together with what parts you can make, any size your ship manufacturing building size allows for.

we want to add Armour soon like space gear you will be able to equip a head gear, body gear, and that's about it for now which we plan to add.

we also plan to add duel wielding so instead of selecting 1 item to use in your action bar you can select a second item also and u can press left or right mouse to use 1 at a time or both at same time you might equip a gun on left hand and a building block on the right hand or you might use a gun and sword or 2 rocket launchers this will be a unique feature and we look forward to adding this in the next version or so.

we have heaps of recipes to be added with mass mass amounts of materials and random loot which can be used or required to make a special item etc.

we have tons of abilities we want to add which act like items but really have a specific skill like in most mmo's u have a healing ability or a damaging ability in Spacebit you have these abilities but they are in the form of a item not a ability so to say, so a medic starts with a medi pack which heals in a aoe around the medic, or a solider has a damage booster or a movement increase or debuff remover. a engineer has a drone to summon like a hunter or so in most mmo's and the engineer can also manually command drones and doesn't need a AI center like other classes do, assassin could have a blend abilities which makes him go hide in a tree or bush.

and when we add multiplayer we hope these classes and player pvp would blend well together allowing massive amount of fun to be experienced by all as everyone has unique skills and unique bases, and planets to protect.

we have even been thinking of adding skirmish in multiplayer so you start randomly on a planet and kinda build and battle it out till someone wins.

I went a little off topic but hope this answers the question Smile

https://spacebitz.forumotion.com

megaflux

thanks for the quick reply.
i do get an idea what is going to get added, but i seriously wanted a list (the longer the better). would missile launcher+brains=guided missile launcher (purely hypothetical)? while i definitely appreciate the recipes not all being revealed im feeling it is almost impossible to put 1-X items in random spots to figure out what it all makes, and it will only be effective until someone posts a comprehensive list anyways.

btw jeno: i deleted the post on updating through desura because i saw another post on the same thing and then went to check through my emails (which is a mess) and found the receipt and the link. the one telling me desura sent me a gift didnt say anything about the updater. thanks anyways for the response though!

5what kinds of items are we talking? Empty reply Fri 13 Apr 2012, 18:53

Admin

Admin

the updater you recieve is a link inside the automatic reply you recieve when you purchase Spacebit on the spacebit homepage, the messages subject should be called Spacebit Standard Payment Completed and you will find info on the first message you receive from the automatic reply which its subject should be called Spacebit Standard Payment Processing, or you could just search all received emails from spacebitz@hotmail.com Smile

you wont need to guess crafting item recipes Very Happy your database on under the inventory will show u the items you can make you cant guess it wont work like that you need to select something to make.

But you can make unique items using special materials you find you merge the materials to give your plain old gun the ability to shoot fire or lasers or do increased damage or something like that, that is how you find rare items etc it wont be easy to do it will require time but we want the outcome to be extremely fun for the player.

also we might allow you to uncover or upgrade your database with more items to make but at this moment we haven't got up to adding that stuff Smile

https://spacebitz.forumotion.com

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Alright, no problems Razz
The recipes are for now all there, everything you can make is there. In the future, yes, I think there will be wildcards, or combinable items that you may have to figure out on your own, or buy recipes from someone. We really can't say what we will add in the future, since we just don't know! We add stuff as we go along, we don't make plans since we would both fail to abide by them anyway Razz ... I'm sorry I can't give you a list :/ But yeah, in a hypothetical sense, something like that would work indeed Razz

edit: I think I misunderstood you, yeah the recipes are just there when you open your inventory, on the left hand side you will see like 'melee', 'range' and stuff, open these, click on something and the bottom left squares will show you what you need. There are no hidden recipes at the moment Razz

http://www.spacebitz.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum