Spacebit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spacebit Forum

Spacebit's official forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazing Idea

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Amazing Idea Empty Amazing Idea Sun 13 May 2012, 10:34

Toonz

Space Exploration, Multiple Planets, Ect, Ect..

Brilliant concept, amazing game, and seriously this has potential to be one of the top-indie games for 2012 with some polish.

I love finding gems like this, especially early on.

I am not sure how experienced you are in game development, or how much time you put into this project, or what your goals are but here is some general feed-back.

A - I am sure you have noticed that the game itself has quite a learning curve, it doesn't explain a lot to a new player.

B - The attack speed on the bone sword is useless.

C - Maybe add a in game help button with various tips on how to play?

2Amazing Idea Empty reply Sun 13 May 2012, 16:24

Admin

Admin

Hello Toonz welcome to the Spacebit forum and thank you for your nice words Smile

I myself have 6 years experience in game development, Spacebit started early development exactly 4/ May/ 2011, development was slow though during this time as I was busy with some courses but full time programming from now on Smile

there is help menu in the main menu click the help button to get some assistance this was meant to also be in game play I need to focus a update on improving help information.

ill check out the bone sword I thought bone sword was the fast sword, it might be bugged.

Look forward to seeing you around Smile

https://spacebitz.forumotion.com

3Amazing Idea Empty Re: Amazing Idea Sun 13 May 2012, 19:03

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Hey there! I'm always glad to hear such words!
Me, i've been doing all sorts of random side things concenring game development for about 2-3 years, like 2D and 3D art,voice acting, sound editing and the like. Since september this year though, i've been taking classes to learn it quite professionally =) I also learn programming, and will help with spacebit development in that aspect when I'm good enough Razz
The help button ingame helps quite a bit, and then there's tutorials here on the forum too =)

http://www.spacebitz.com

4Amazing Idea Empty Re: Amazing Idea Sun 13 May 2012, 22:02

soul0reaper

Admin wrote:Hello Toonz welcome to the Spacebit forum and thank you for your nice words Smile

I myself have 6 years experience in game development, Spacebit started early development exactly 4/ May/ 2011, development was slow though during this time as I was busy with some courses but full time programming from now on Smile

there is help menu in the main menu click the help button to get some assistance this was meant to also be in game play I need to focus a update on improving help information.

ill check out the bone sword I thought bone sword was the fast sword, it might be bugged.

Look forward to seeing you around Smile
Thats great, I agree that it is confusing when you just start. Maybe add a sort of tutorial that gives the player the rundown on the various controls and abilities.

5Amazing Idea Empty reply Mon 14 May 2012, 01:13

Admin

Admin

i might add some more tutorials in game today I need to improve the message box a bit more let me know if its allot better or worse it will be uploaded today normal time around 11:00pm aussie time

https://spacebitz.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum