Spacebit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spacebit Forum

Spacebit's official forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

version 0.5.3 will be out tonight

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Sun 27 May 2012, 08:42

Admin

Admin

Hey guys i will be uploading a new version tonight with the new item creation and more improvements Very Happy

currently the item creation is finished but im polishing it up so it looks better and making sure its all working at its maximum potential, im also adding a couple of the tier items like iron armours and battery and weps and gold armours battery and weps etc

https://spacebitz.forumotion.com

2version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty reply Sun 27 May 2012, 21:13

Admin

Admin

Sorry everyone it took a little longer then i expected but the new version 0.5.4 is out and Spacebit is bug free with a new item creation system and much other stuff which has been improved and bug fixed also let us know what you think about the new less bright User interface colours Smile

hope you all have fun and look forward to hearing all your feedback Very Happy

https://spacebitz.forumotion.com

3version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty aw yeha! Mon 28 May 2012, 14:33

loki93

the crafting is awesome now... i still hate level restricted mining (as i hate grinding)

4version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty Re: version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Tue 29 May 2012, 09:30

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Yeah, crafting is totally even more epic right now, right Very Happy ?
It was kind of my idea to go for that, I think it's better, you shouldn't be able to do everything right off the bat, otherwise u'd just skip bronze and iron items entirely... And why bother with allowing you to mine it but not allow you to use what you mined... =)

http://www.spacebitz.com

5version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty XP Tue 29 May 2012, 11:42

loki93

well... the level restricted ting is awfull in my oppinion, i agree on what you said but instead of levels, make the higher tier materials be minable only by higher tier lasers (i just hate to have to grind XD) and anyway i can grind enough to get to the higher tier stuff without using anyting but a bow/gun and a staff, ad this makes me remeber... the monsters spawn again next to you XP

6version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty Re: version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Tue 29 May 2012, 12:59

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Well, leveling shouldn't be a grind lol... By the time u survive the first night u should be about lvl5 ...

7version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty XP Tue 29 May 2012, 14:54

loki93

with just the bow is hard enough to get to level 5 in a night and if i get to level 5 in a night this means that i can mine iron so i can skip copper anyways XD

EDIT: and anyway, there are better and less senseless ways of restricting higer tier stuff (like higer tier lasers, like higher tier armors and stuff not be able to be crafted if not with certain machinery), like how i suggested in the big suggestion tread makeshift weapons (are made only with stone, copper, raw iron)are made by only a workbanch instead for stell, other alloys and fine iron tolls/armor that are made with an assembler and a smelter/anvil

(i just hate level restricted stuff XP i find them realy senseless)

8version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty Re: version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Tue 29 May 2012, 15:21

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Well, sure, but what you suggest ends up on the same thing, no?
Level restrict making a workbench for making iron stuff till lvl 10 (iron should be lvl 10). but you can already mine iron if you have a better laser. Or restrict making that laser too till lvl 10 ... in the end what matters is that u can't use iron stuff till lvl 10, right haha ?

9version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty XD Tue 29 May 2012, 18:13

loki93

right but i have a ting against level restricted tings Smile

10version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty Re: version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Tue 29 May 2012, 18:14

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

haha well that's a shame then xD coz we will definately have it Razz

11version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty XP Tue 29 May 2012, 18:35

loki93

but then again why shuld you level restrict someting anyway? if i want to skip a material because i find plenty of other materials why shouldnt i? if i find enough materials to make the higher tier materials and researces before making low tier equip why shouldnt i be able to without having to senslessly kill enemyes or animals because my level isnt high enough, thats why i like games like miecraft, terraria (mostly terraria XD), and i dislike W.O.W. (and pretty much every other mmorpg gets me boored after max a month) because i dont have to make low level stuff because i'm low level but because i'm gona get raped by enemies, but instead if i learn to avoid enemies (like i normaly do in spacebit) i dont need low level stuff because i dont need it untill i have to hunt down enemies to get what they drop, so you can force people to make low level stuff by making their life hard if they dont not by saying: nope your level is too low to mine/craft that go kill stuff then come back, because that makes me tink that you want me to take time leveling because other than that there is not much more, instead a clever use of research, exploration, and enemies you can avoid level restricting stuff.
and anyway this is just what i tink XD there are farr too many level based games i want more liberty from games not just kill stuff unlock next tier then back to the start 'till you can make a spaceship and then go kill more stuff

12version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty Re: version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Tue 29 May 2012, 20:49

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

haha you are really too smart aren't you xD ... A big point of a levelling system is for prolonging the game xD ... But yeah, normally you should be almost forced to make the lower level materials or die haha xD ... But really, I strongly believe there definately should be a leveling system... But it should be fun, you should really want to level to get to the good stuff Very Happy ! What's the fun in having everything right off the bat...

13version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty XD Wed 30 May 2012, 01:18

loki93

well want to make leveling interesting!? XD well the easy way is giving you stats like aim, accurancy etc. etc. every time you level up you get points to put there and each statistic does something different (standard stuff XD) but anyway to keep it short leveling up should give you perks more damage, more probability to get stuff, better "prices" (both in crafting and trading) and stuff (and off course: i want to see wich monster comes next. is a great incentive too XD)
i'm not against a leveling i love good leveling systems but i hate level restricted stuff XD

(and to be onest i thought that this time you would have told me to go to hell XD i know i can be very annoyng sometimes XP)

Last edited by loki93 on Wed 30 May 2012, 01:21; edited 1 time in total

14version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty Re: version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Wed 30 May 2012, 01:20

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Yeah, as you've said it, that is all pretty much standard stuff Razz Idk, maybe we will put it in, maybe we wont, I really don't know Razz Do remember that we are really striving for uniqueness and we don't really want what other games already do, even if it works well... Ofcourse, there will always be mechanics you can't get around.

15version 0.5.3 will be out tonight Empty XD Wed 30 May 2012, 01:22

loki93

well good stuff doesnt have to change XD

EDIT: ok i'm going to go to the big suggestion tread to make one of my wall of text describing some good ways of implementing a fun yet not too invasive leveling sistem XD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum