Spacebit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Spacebit Forum

Spacebit's official forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

big suggestions

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1big suggestions Empty big suggestions Sat 14 Apr 2012, 14:27

loki93

ok i had some ideas so i'm going to write them here:

1st idea: instead of having only 1 exp bar that raises your hp and other stuff why not making 3 separate one: the bar would have 3 different bars one for the harvesting skill, one for the "fighting" skill and one for the allert meter
harvest skill exp bar: this barr will raise every time you pick up some items, and when you gain levels in this bar you are going to have more chance to get items harvesting with lasers (and maybe equipping more efficent lazers?)
"fighting" skill exp bar: this bar will raise when you kill something and leveling up in this barr will give you more hp (and maybe battle related perks?)
allert meter: this barr will raise over time and the more stuff you do (harvesting, killing everyting will make this bar raise), when you level up in this barr more and more varied monsters will spawn

2th: research: at the start you will have the knowelge to make only basic stuff (bone sword, staff, handgun, handgun ammo, firecamp, table, ranged table, torchs) and then you will have to make a generic research table (i cant come with a better name now XD) whit this table you will be able to research other stuff to make (wepons, items, armors, food) and for researching you will need certain items (like for the lazer sword you will need a lazer, stone, gold, wood, when you have this stuff you will be able to unlock that item to craft, but to make it not instantaneus the research table will ask for this item 1 at time randomly so if you need 5stone and 5dirt, it will ask for them 1 item at time, obiusly for higher tier stuff you will need more rare items)

3th: i tink i read somewere that you want to ad people that will help you defend yourself (like soldiers am i right?), if i am right i thought of two ways to make them instead of hiring them you will be able to make two kind of helping hands, the automations (golems), or clones (living tings bound to you).
to make golems you will need a automation assembly and materials like stone, iron and every material enough solid to make a golem from, the golems will be tough but once you make them you cant change them unless you rebuild them (if you make an harvester you cant change it to a fightes unless you bring it back to the assembly and change the right parts) to assembly a golem you will be able to change 3 tings legs,torso+head, arms (the arms are the job he will accomplish if you give him a sword or a gun he will kill enemies, if you give him a lazer he will help you harvest, the torso affects mainly the weight and resistence of the golem, and the legs the movement speed). the parts are allready in the assebly so you dont have to make them they will be built when you chose them, so you will need only the raw material (exaple: you want to make a stone golem well you will need 10 stone for the legs, 20 for the torso and 10+wepon/lazer so in the end for making that golm you will need to put inside the assembly 40 stones and the assembly will start his magick Smile)
for the clones you will need a flesh pool (ever whatched doctor who?) in this place you can trow stuff like brain and every kind of uncooked flesh (probably even bones) to earn liquid flesh then to make a clone you will have to choose what you want it to be(just a clone of yourself, or an ibrid of what)and then you will know how many flesh you need to generate that diferrent mix of species will give the clone different perks, (example, if you mix your dna with one of a snake you will get a perk that makes every hit with a mele wep poisonus), and they will be more varsatile, you will be able to change they job by simply giving them annother tool, but they will me more fragile. you can mix at most 3-4 dna and before using a certain dna though you will have to research it in a biotic analyzer (example: if you want to extract the dna from a snake you will need, his flesh, his poison, his skin ) and it will work like my previus suggestion, for the automations, the proces is the same only you will need an automation analyzer and it will ask you materials (exaple if you want to research a iron body it will ask you every previus tier materials on top of the iron, this will make researching higher tier stuff more long)

2big suggestions Empty Re: big suggestions Sat 14 Apr 2012, 17:44

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Hey loki, it's awesome that you contribute your ideas =D !

I don't think Ben will like the first one, he likes to keep it simple. One experience bar for everything is better i think, simpler to understand =). The UI is also quite full already as it is...

I really like the idea of researching though! We were already planning of using some form of unlocking system for the recipes, maybe the player could indeed make them himself =D!

The player will be able to make bots, not really flesh creatures i think. Some form of mech/golem kind of thing yes, but more like a robot than a golem Razz But yeah, the modularity is indeed what we had planned =) place 25 pieces of steel, an AI core and a mining laser and u get a mining bot. Something like that Razz The cloning idea is again too complicated I'm afraid. We kind of want to reach a wide audience and if you have to start messing with DNA, i think you are going too far Razz Great that you are giving it such deep thoughts though! Don't mean to be so negative, coz I really like it that you bring in ideas, but yeah, we like it simple =)

sorry for the late reply also :/ get no mail of new topics lol...

http://www.spacebitz.com

3big suggestions Empty np Sat 14 Apr 2012, 19:10

loki93

no problem Smile and for the exp bar you just have to split the one existing into 3 little bars like this :

big suggestions Scaled.php?server=546&filename=canitbethisway

i know it looks like shit but you can see wich canges i did XD
(i'm not good at explaining myself so i thought i would have did faster by showing you how i ment for it to fit in the screen)
no more levels on the scree instead a menu in the inventory, you see only the 3 bars were at 1st there were 3... maybe changing the colour of the numbers like they are in the bar? and when you move the cursor over the word it gives you e description like for fighting you get the message: it raises when you kill tings and increases your hp

for the dna stuff: it isnt that hardXD you start whit a perfect clone of youself at the start of the game (25 hp and stuff) and hen avery animal/monster dna gives buffs and debufs like for the snake you get the poison blow but you get less speed (and stuff stacks un himself so if you mix 3 dna that gives less movement you will have a creature realy slow but the benefits of the 3 dna you mixed) as you extract more kinds of dna you can contrast debuff from certain creatures with dna from others i dont realy see the difficulty is like making a pg in a rpg game Smile

i'll go a little bit in the detail:

basic clone stats: HP:25
movement speed: 100%
atk: 0 (no weapon)
def: 0 (no armor)
clone with snake dna added: HP:25
movement speed: 80%
atk: 0 poison (no wepon)
def: 0 (no armor)

4big suggestions Empty Re: big suggestions Sat 14 Apr 2012, 19:15

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Heh, yeah, from a UI point of view it would actually work, nice going on that Razz Though still, it complicates things... I'm leaving this up to ben, for me i'd be okay, though I don't feel it's needed...

I do understand the DNA idea Razz It's just that others might not, you know? But we'd actually still use it in a way, like you are saying. We'd take a mech and add like a piece of meteorite steel, increasing his armor, or add a piece of wood and he'd have a surfboard xD ... just saying Razz But yeah, the clones, i'm a bit meh-meh about it Razz

5big suggestions Empty ok Sat 14 Apr 2012, 19:20

loki93

i suggested the 3 bar ting because you get exp too fast and for doing almost everyting aside from walking XD

6big suggestions Empty Re: big suggestions Sat 14 Apr 2012, 19:35

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

You think so? I think xp comes way too slowly xD ... In any case, the first few levels are always fast, it will stagnate later on i think Razz

7big suggestions Empty reply Sat 14 Apr 2012, 19:46

Admin

Admin

hey loki sorry for the slow reply but im uploading the new version right now, i added allot and fixed allot u mentioned plus now u can make armor head slot and body slots now allow you to equip armor which increases your defense the more defense less dmg u take Very Happy so it should be easier to survive during the nights

and i love your ideas i was thinking of making specific things increase specific stats but right now i don't want to complicate it too much Very Happy but maybe soon when we work on the game in more depth, levels will be quick pretty much the whole game i don't want it to take ages to hit lvl 25 or 50 which ever i make the cap.

u will be able to build your robots from scratch by using the blocks maybe u want to make a robot the size of your planet with 400 lasers attached xD why not? you make everything even the spaceships your army is only as strong as the materials you use etc same with your buildings.

but while we are still in alpha i am mainly focusing on getting core features completed i hope to finish spaceships soon which will be cool Smile but thank you for all the ideas you have great ideas and i liked the 3 bars idea it looks nice Very Happy

https://spacebitz.forumotion.com

8big suggestions Empty Re: big suggestions Sat 14 Apr 2012, 21:12

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

you can't believe how many times i've seen ben type 'looks nice' haha really Razz
yeah some awesome giant mech would be epic... and then some smart flying zombie takes out the AI core.... whoops Razz

9big suggestions Empty yo Fri 20 Apr 2012, 12:52

loki93

just asking a question: is possible to make left and right mouse buttons to do different attacks?

10big suggestions Empty reply Fri 20 Apr 2012, 15:44

Admin

Admin

not yet, but u pretty much described duel wielding there Smile left hand is left mouse right hand is right mouse Smile should be added soon prob after spaceship is working very well its nearly ready to be uploaded!! Very Happy

11big suggestions Empty Re: big suggestions Fri 20 Apr 2012, 15:53

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Yeah u already almost had dual wielding some time ago... I'm gonna make the spaceship art right now Razz When that's done, the new version will probably be pretty much ready Razz

12big suggestions Empty well Fri 20 Apr 2012, 16:25

loki93

i didn thought of dual wielding i was just tinking of different modes of using a weapon... but i just wanted to know if it was possible before starting to suggest stuff XD

13big suggestions Empty reply Fri 20 Apr 2012, 16:34

Admin

Admin

well abilities will work with weps but ill talk about the abilities at a later date its too far ahead from now but your wep will have sort to say a slot for a ability to change its attack in a way which has a cool down or u can auto attack with the normal projectile Smile we need to do duel wielding before the ability thing to work

14big suggestions Empty well Fri 20 Apr 2012, 16:53

loki93

not abilities is more like you have a mace... you can chose to swing it or to smash someone in the head... so swinging will cover more area than a smash but does less damage and it is more fast but with a smash you can do more damage to a single enemy but then you will have to stand back because you need some sconds to recover the varius mooves should be only two for weapon... i realy dont realy like double wielding over some more complex and fun fighting mechanic

big suggestions Differntcombat

15big suggestions Empty Re: big suggestions Fri 20 Apr 2012, 18:54

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

hehe, awesome drawings man =D would still work with dual wield though Razz ? There's no reason not to do both Very Happy ?

16big suggestions Empty XD Fri 20 Apr 2012, 19:19

loki93

thanks XD took me 5 minutes in paint to do those XD and yes making both would be awesome

17big suggestions Empty Re: big suggestions Fri 20 Apr 2012, 22:42

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

haha well it's the best way to show a concept Razz but yeah, they are definately on the list, maybe not for right away, but Ben loved the ideas too so Razz

18big suggestions Empty suggestion Fri 04 May 2012, 19:57

loki93

i have a suggestion about weapons and enchants:
ok if you ever played ff 7 dirge of cerberus for ps2 and hellgate london for pc you will probably understand better my idea so...

mele wepons: for this kind of wepons there should be 2 "branches" one of them is makeshift and the other advanced (makeshift: bone sword. Advanced: steel sword) makeshifts wepons are as you craft them no need of anyting else than the raw materials and the normal worlkbench but for the advanced kind you can start to tinker with them like to make a fiery lazer sword you will need a fiery grip, and advanced stell (normal steel cant take the heat) so you will have to 1st of all make the sword grip on the workbanch make an advanced steel blade on an anvil (or someting more advanced XD) then you need a fiery gem in the grip so you have to use the anvil (or something like that) to shove the gem inside the grip Smile and then you use an assembler to put everyting togheter. of course thin can be used to be able to make different stuff like you make a reinforced spear body and an axe head and you get an halbear wich does more slashing damage and little to none piercering damage (is like the "body" of the weapon determines his fighting style and the "blade" you put on it the damage output of course with some restrictions like putting only an axe head on a blade grip XD) so you dont need to have too many weapons because you can modify them and have them be differtly strong depedentlu on the materials you use (and this can be even more "fun" because if you want to add some trowback on enchants if aply an fiery grip on a l'ets say normal iron blade and you swing with it the blade is gona melt leaving you with only the grip Smile )

ranged weapons: for these there will be no separation but there will be more kind of building models but instead of building absolutley everyting you need to have to make a gun we just craft 3 tings: grip (wich determines the kind of bullet you use, and for the most weapons is were the magazine is going to be put) the body (it will determines rate of fire, dmg and capacity for some kind of weapons [shotguns]) and the barrel (determines accurancy, range and spread if you shoot more than 1 bullet at time [shotguns, advanced rocket launcers]) and the enchantment this time will be put into the body

lol! i will post one of my nice graphs lol! later to explain the suddivision and crafting better

19big suggestions Empty here Fri 04 May 2012, 22:55

loki93

Spoiler:

20big suggestions Empty Re: big suggestions Sat 05 May 2012, 20:46

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Wow man =O you are officially the #1 fan feedback guy haha =)
There's definately a lot of awesome ideas in that wall of text there Very Happy !
It's like you read our mind lol! And then add some awesome stuff to it Razz
However awesome it is though, i don't know if we will realise it in that much detail. Never say never, though Very Happy !
I really love the idea of combining items though... Fits really well for survival. One has a limited set of things availlable , so you must make do with what you have... If you have to bind a stick to the end of your rifle and use it as a massive club, then why the heck not eh Very Happy ?

21big suggestions Empty XD Sat 05 May 2012, 23:39

loki93

well i trow ideas at you guys you can decide what to do with them XD

22big suggestions Empty Re: big suggestions Sun 06 May 2012, 12:50

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

Yeah, by all means keep them coming Very Happy !

23big suggestions Empty annother wall of text incoming XD Mon 14 May 2012, 16:19

loki93

ok i felt like posting this, this int much of a suggestion rather what i would like this game to become is more like i question (i mean is this rougly how the game will be kind of question) but there are some suggestions in the middle of all

ok at the start of the game you have nothing only your trusty (kind of XD) ghatering laser and a dynamo battery (it recharges walking, and is used as "ammo" for the laser) so the 1st days of the game will be spent foraging for food and basick resources to lay down the basick workbences and the research ting (i dont know how to call it XD) and in the mean time you will surely build a shelter to defend yourserlf at night.
after that you will start researching, the 1st ting you will have to research is the assembler (is like a multi tool it does everyting from making machinery to assemblyng weapons)with the assembler you will be able to craft ting from blueprints (obtained trough research or trading) so your main focus now will be ghatering what you need to research stuff because you dont have any blueprints at the start, the 1st ting you will probably want to research is a combustion generator (generates energy by placing coal or fuel in it) after you get the blueprint you will need to power the assembler and for that you will have to use your dynamo battery until the assembler builds whatever you wanted to research, after that you will start to research a new kind of battery, a energy battery (it recharges by placing it inside generators and comes in 3 sizes small, medium, large obiusly the more big the battry is the more energy it stores) so that you dont have to use the dynamo battery anymore.
and after that well is a sandbox game so after that there is no limit because after you have a reliable energy supply (that doesnt require running around) you can start doing whatever you want.

this instead is a suggestion:
another good ting to add at the game is pollution level, as it incrases certain kinds of enemy will become more strong and others more weak but if the pollution is too high tainted monters will start to spawn (realy op versions of normal monsters) and you will get a pollution debuff that is like poison in this situation that planet becomes not suitable for life and you will be forced to leave the planet, the 1st time it hapens if you still dont have a ship you should get saved by someone (npc) that after dropping you un a random planet will yell at you to never do someting like that ever again or he will become hostile, that planes doest get destroied and eventualy you can use some realy expensive items and machinery to start lower the pollution in that planet, but you will need a gas mask and a nbc suit (i tink is called like that is those suits that are isolated from the outside) and ofcourse you will need some realy strong equipement to kill the tainted monsters that spawns at anytime (because the pollution level is so high that the sky is covered).
of course for getting to that you need to use only combustion and other polluting generators, engines for a lot of time (well unless you put too many of them)

and annother ting instead of having zombies as main mob at night you should change to someting else like dead space like monseters (zombies are too overused even though i love them XD)
Spoiler:

24big suggestions Empty Re: big suggestions Tue 15 May 2012, 11:44

Jeno

Jeno
Admin

I think your general idea is really about right Razz
The pollution idea is really interesting... take it too far and your planet is covered in eternal darkness!
Sorry that i didn't reply sooner... I don't have internet at my dorm <.< ...

25big suggestions Empty leveling system Wed 30 May 2012, 01:55

loki93

ok
1st idea: "normal stats" you will have 2 main categories that are combat and life stats (every class starts with allready some levels in them)

combat stats: strenght, accurancy, thoughness, dexterity.
life stats: intelligence, luck, ghatering, mining.

and they do:
strenght: incrases damage from mele weapon, longer distance for trowing weapon and + damage/range with bow, also you need strenght to use heavy stuff like greatswords and rocket lounchers (they are too heavy if you dont have at least a certain ammount of it) and also tells how many items you can bring with you (either in stak or in all you inventory)
accurancy: well the more you have the more straight you will fire also acc and dex togheter will determine your chance of dealing a critical damage.
thoughness: tells how much your hp will raise every level, and also your resistence to debuffs and elements
dexterity: this will raise the damage you deal with ranged weapon with exeption for the bow and also with dex and acc high you will have more chance for a critical hit

intelligence (or ability): this stat will boost the speed of researches and will make you use less items for researches and smelting/crafting stuff with an anvil
luck: this with ghatering or mining will give you more chance getting items
ghatering: this + luck incrase the probability of drops from monsters, animals and scavaging from spaceships (anyting that you have to kill XD)
mining: same as ghatering but with everyting that you mine with a laser

2th idea: now that i tink of it this doesnt have to be separate from the 1st but instead of been aquired when you reach e certain level you aquire them when you reach a certain stat level.
but the idea is every... 3-5 levels you get to pick a perk like 10%chance of double drop 50% more damage to zombies and stuff like that (those exaples just came out of my mind dont keep them in cosideration) they get better as you are of a higer level and make you be more inclined to replay again

off course for those who picked the wrong perk or misplaced too many stats or just simply you dont like yourself anymore, there is the capsule of new life a highest tier machine fruit of all your frustration that when you power, enter inside of it and go trough this question for 3 times: are you shure you want to rebirt? you will get a new pg you will look as you wanted too, and you will restart from level 1 but you will still have all your stuff, if you are able to wear it that is hagagagaga

(ok i dont know what that was but it was a suggestion XDXDXP)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next